“We are a small but well established (45 years in business) coffee roaster and distributor of premium products to cafes and dining rooms in Nova Scotia. Currently we are seeking an individual for full time work roasting coffee with warehouse duties. This person will be responsible for coffee roasting 4-5 days per week, unloading product deliveries arriving at our warehouse, managing the flow of product in and out of the warehouse, some product ordering as well as coffee roaster maintenance. The successful candidate will be responsible for quality control of our product through following our roasting standards, cupping of the finished product and the proper packaging and labelling of the coffee.
- Are passionate about and drink coffee
- Possibly have previous roasting or roastery experience or experience in a manufacturing environment following steps and procedures
- Enjoy working with people and are outgoing
- Can lift heavy objects, 40 pounds individually and with another person moving 150 pound bags of coffee off pallets.
- Are mechanically inclined with problem solving skills
- Have a valid driver’s licence and clean driving record
- Have a solid work ethic
- Love the foodservice industry
- Have a clean, neat appearance
- Live in the Kentville and surrounding area
You may be the person we are looking for! We are a small but tight knit group. This is a full-time position with an immediate start date. You will be shadowing our current roastmaster for training at our facility in Lakeville.
Starting wage is $15.00 per hour and will depend on experience. Extended Health Care Benefits are available to qualified candidates after 90 days of employment. Hours are Monday to Friday 8:00 am to 4:00 pm. Previous roasting experience is an asset and the ability to manage your own time in a busy environment with many time constraints. This is a unique opportunity for someone wanting to make their mark with a smaller, locally owned company. Please email resume with a scanned copy or legible photo of a handwritten cover letter indicating why you feel you are the person we are looking for. Email to email@example.com”.